Monday, January 19, 2009

Ranting...


AH! I'm really angry right now! Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. MJK was a great man who helped in the civil rights movement. He was one of the most influential people in the twentieth century! Dr. King strongly believed that EVERYONE was created equal. No matter if you were caucasian, black, asian, blue, or purple. If you were a man, a woman, or even a hermaphrodite, you were equal. Christians, Jews, and Muslims were equal. If you were married, single, or divorced, you were equal. People of different sexual orientations were equal. In short, EVERYONE was CREATED EQUAL.

What really bugged me today was, my school didn't even observe MJK day, the only class that it was even mentioned in was Spanish, C'MON!!! Just Spanish? Then, later in my career's class, we TRIED to discuss it. But NO ONE cared!!!! (Okay, a few people did...) What I want to know is WHY. WHY do people just regard this important issue, as just another "thing"? I personally think that diversity and equality are SUPER important!

I wish people would recognize this issue. Especially with the Obama's inaguration tommorow! People at school are like, "Who cares? I mean, he's gonna get assasinated anyway..." WHAT??!??!?! Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But this is HISTORY!!! Man! If I don't get to watch it at school tommorow, I may just fake a stomach ache and go into the guidance office to watch it online. Errrrrrrrrrr.

Yeah, I needed that. Thanks for the ranting space, Blogger.

No comments: