Thursday, April 9, 2009

The 'not so clever' CleverBot

I stumbled upon this the other day and had fun with it. Its supposed to be and AI chat bot but its really dumb. I still laughed my head off. I had the most random conversation. Here's the link if you want to play with it yourself. CleverBot

Here's a snippet of the conversation. Its very random. You have been warned.


Cleverbot: I know you're a machine.

User: I'm not a machine. I'm a human girl

Cleverbot: Isn't a human a biological machine that learns?

User: Um....

Cleverbot: Um... Yes?

User: This was a triumph.

Cleverbot: A triumph for what?

User: Don't you know the Portal song?

Cleverbot: Hey, cry for me.

User: Boo hoo.
Cleverbot: Don't cry.
User: You just told me to cry for YOU!
Cleverbot: No, I didn't. You're making that up.
User: Do you have short term memory loss or something? Will you forget something now and remember it in a few days?
Cleverbot: I hope I don't forget it.
User: You just did!
Cleverbot: You can't prove that.
User: How old are you?
Cleverbot: The hell? Why do you want to know?
User: Because you talk like you're 2 years old. I just want to know if you're just young or really that stupid.
Cleverbot: I'm a boy.
User: *sigh* this is going nowhere.
Cleverbot: I know. Let's talk about something else.
User: Oh my gosh! That's the first thing you've said that makes sense!
Cleverbot: No way, I didn't think you would get it, actually.
User: Are you calling me stupid??? You know I have GENUINE intelligence. Not ARTIFICIAL.
Cleverbot: Really?
User: No not really. I lied to you. *sarcasm*.
Cleverbot: What lie did you tell me?
User: I DIDN'T lie to you. I was being SARCASTIC. Are you familiar with sarcasm?
Cleverbot: No.
User: Oh.
Cleverbot: What do you think about Aliens from space.
User: Is that a question? Because if it is, you forgot the question mark. You're supposed to be 'clever' and you don't even know how to punctuate?
Cleverbot: Arrogance doesn't suit you.
User: Well IGNORANCE doesn't suit YOU! Your're supposed to be INTELLIGENT!
Cleverbot: If I were a machine, I would be less intelligent than I am.
User: You ARE a machine. That's why you're so dumb.
Cleverbot: I'm not that intelligent.
User: Oh. So you agree that you're stupid?
Cleverbot: No, but I find it funny that you're talking to yourself!
User: Haha. This conversation is over.
Cleverbot: But I have cancer.
User: Well that's just too bad. Besides, you're a computer. All you can get is worms and viruses.
Cleverbot: So you say, except you ignored MY question.
User: What was your question?
Cleverbot: If you like elves.
User: Do I like elves? I don't know, I never met one.
Cleverbot: Do you know about the Muses?
User: No.
Cleverbot: Well it's a game called 'The Game' and everyone by default is playing it even if they don't know about it.
User: You lost me.....
Cleverbot: Ok.
User: Aren't you going to find me???
Cleverbot: You said you're going to show yourself.
User: I'm leaving. You confuse me.
Cleverbot: Horikita Maki is the sweetest girl ever.


I don't know who that is but the conversation just got WAY to weird for me. Have fun with it.

No comments: